"If you want people to think outside of the box, don't put their brains in a box," states Gerald "Solutionman" Haman. However, most people meet in traditional box-like conference rooms and hotel ballrooms. Haman has helped many organizations design spaces or facilities that inspire innovation and creativity. Since 1992, his Thinkubator in Chicago has inspired thousands of people to think outside of the box.
While facilitating innovative design sessions for Hermann Miller, Capital One, the Singapore Quality Centre and several conference centers, Solutionman developed Question Banks of over 1,000 provocative space design questions. The "Space Design Question Banks" helped architects, interior designers, facilities managers, and customers "collaborate to decorate to innovate" while reducing costs. Do you want to start designing your own creative space? Here are some questions to begin creating your dream environment.
8 Questions to Help You Decorate-to-Innovate
1. Where do people do their best thinking?
2. How do/does environment and space impact creativity and innovation?
3. Where are people when they think of their most creative and innovative ideas?
4. Who works in environments or spaces that inspire creativity and innovation?
5. What characteristics, elements or resources from other people's environments might be applied in your spaces?
6. What might be changed or improved in the current environments and spaces to inspire more creativity and innovation?
7. How would you describe the ideal personal environment that might inspire you to be highly creative or innovative?
8. How would people describe the ideal environment that inspires collaboration and teamwork to produce more creativity and innovation?
Download a pdf of your FREE color posters of the "8 Great Decorate Questions" and "Quotes on Space Design" by clicking HERE. Take the 8x11 inch posters to your next meeting to stimulate some very provocative innovation conversations.
Get more information on the Decorate–to-Innovate™ Method by registering for webinars listed on our Innovation Calendar. Get more information or request to register by clicking HERE to send an email.